Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2000 14:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barry Wilkes Does anyone know the guarding standards preferably published) of plastic bag making machines. Thanks Barry Wilkes
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2000 12:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah J Shaw Barry I do not know of a specific standard for plastic bag machines but there is a British Standard Code of practice for safety in machinery - BS5304:1988 (this is the date on the copy I have). This document includes the information on guarding standards amongst other things. I do have a nagging feeling though that this document may have either been revised or withdrawn. If you contact BSI they will be able to advise you of the status tel 0181 996 7111. Hope this is of use. Sarah J. Shaw EHS Manager Fisher Scientific UK Ltd, Loughborough
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2000 13:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barry Wilkes Sarah, Thanks for this. I did find some specific guidance in the end from the British Polymer Training association which was good. It was not a specifc standard but industry guidance. I am aware of BS 5304, which in my opinion is still the best guidance document on machinery guradring. You are right that this has been replaced by EN 201 ( the generic standard which is no where near as user friendly as the old BS) and a whole host of specific standards. Thanks again Barry Wilkes