Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 September 2000 10:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Carson Hi all I have just written a training course about machinery safety which obviously covers CE marking and the requirement to comply with the EHSR's. I have just recently pickud up a "Thomas The Tank Engine" kiddies book emblazoned with the CE mark. Have i missed the plot or are there other pieces of legislation that covers "Thomas The Tank Engine" kiddies book and other similar goodies?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2000 07:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt Dear Graham very strange! However, I suspect that the book is probably classified as a 'toy' - 'any product or material designed or clearly intended for use in play by children of less than 14 years of age', and is therefore subject to legislation governing toy safety. Go to www.dti.gov.uk/access/toys/law.htm for further enlightenment. The list of things that are not classified as toys makes interesting reading from the safety point of view! Regards Jane
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2000 11:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt Dear Graham Apologies for the appearance of the last message -what you see in preview is most definitely not what you get. Designers of the page, please note! However, if at first you don't succeed with the message layout, try again!! regards Jane
Admin  
#4 Posted : 07 September 2000 11:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barry Husband Graham, your involvement with the subject of machinery safety is interesting. Perhaps you would care to respond/comment on my question on Product Safety Disclaimer Notice issues posted further down this topic listing. Rgds, Barry
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2000 20:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Carson Thanks all Its not me going mad. Toys are covered by the Toys (safety) Regulations 1995. Thanks all. By the way the presentation went rely well!