Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 30 October 2000 13:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By I apologise to those of you who have experienced problems trying to post a message and/ or accessing the website during the past few days. This was caused by a problem with the host server which has been put right this morning. Should you still be experiencing difficulties, please contact me using the "Contact us" list on the navigation bar - I'm the last one. Angela Wheatcroft, Website Co-ordinator
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2000 11:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie Angela I tried contacting you from the "Contact" page - it don't work!! I am still experiencing problems posting responses - I keep getting timed out before I finish my message. This would not be so bad if my deathless prose did not irrecoverably disappear into the maw of cyberspace every time!! Laurie
Admin  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2000 13:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Deathless prose, Laurie? Never! Don't give up. Here's the low down. Re the "Contact Us" email connection: It is working, but I suspect you were the subject of one of those fiendish tricks that computers play on all of us. What I suspect happened when you clicked on my name in blue under Website Co-ordinator, is that the email did not open up in full screen. Instead, it placed an "Untitled" email message icon on your Start bar waiting to be opened by a click. Have another go and, this time if it doesn't open full screen, look along the bar at the foot of the screen or wherever your start bar is. My email icon shows as an unopened envelope. Re timing out: I'm sorry you lost your message and I must confess, there is a 45 minute time out on posting a message. This was done to avoid the database becoming overloaded, particularly if people were called away while composing. Have a look in FAQs ( Near the top right hand column on this page.) It is described more fully there in, "Posting a message" but I admit it isn't obvious. However, it is cheaper on the 'phone bill working offline and copying your message into the message box. Once there, it can still be edited. The following might be helpful too: AWOL messages: Some messages went absent without leave last week. That wasn't the moderators or me, just part of the technical problem referred to above. Sorry if this happened to you. Please post again. Renegade log-in boxes: Unexpected sightings of log-in boxes have been reported. In this case they have been verified and were not hopping about on golf courses. If you find one of these after Wednesday 1st, please let me know. Regards, Angela Wheatcroft, Website Co-ordinator