Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2000 11:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terry Smith My own and other local golf clubs need support to develop H&S management systems. I am considering offering my services, but time is precious and obviously I prefer to spend what little free time I have playing. Does any one have any simple models they would be prepared to share, or offer advice, or guidance. I have the HSE publication Health & Safety in Golf Course Management & Maintenance. Can anyone direct me to other sources of help specifically written for Golf Clubs, e.g. research study's or other papers.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 November 2000 20:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Davy Terry, I found Douglas Shearer's web site at www.mhs-golf.co.uk very useful. Regards, Nigel Davy.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2000 12:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Con.. Nigel, Your recommendation of Douglas Shearers web page was excellent. I have just begun a new career path in EH&S Management of a golf club, and I'm on that long learning curve. I found Douglas's page very informative. I was wondering are you familar other web pages which may be useful? As a matter of interest, are there many Env., H&S managers in golf clubs around the UK? Con..
Admin  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2000 20:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terry Smith Nigel Thanks for your advice to visit Douglas Shearer's website. Terry Smith
Admin  
#5 Posted : 14 November 2000 20:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terry Smith Con... Can we discuss golf club HS&E management. Terry Smith
Admin  
#6 Posted : 15 November 2000 15:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Con.. Try www.golfecology.com and click on "committed to green" This is common standard amoung European golf coarses. Are there many golfclub EHS managers out their in the UK and Ireland? Do they ever meet? Is there a society etc.?
Admin  
#7 Posted : 17 November 2000 15:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Davy Con, I found the following sites helpful when I was working on a grounds maintenance project. www.iog.org www.bigga.co.uk www.stri.co.uk www.the-gtc.co.uk Regards, Nigel.