Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 November 2000 21:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By david Westhead I have been looking after a small hydro pool for over one year and have had training in monitoing the dosing of the water. The problem I have now have put before me is, someone has informed me that I might need a pool plant operators certificate. I consider myself to be a compitent person and have completed the National Diploma in H&S Management. Could anybody tell me do I need this certificate and if so where would I be able to train for it? I live in the North West and any information would be gratefully accepted. Thanks David.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2000 09:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor The legal requirement is for a competent person. However this could well mean being in a position to prove competence in Court in such matters as the basics of pool chemistry, pH, disinfection, dosing, trouble-shooting, bacteriological sampling, etc, etc. I believe that dedicated training and certification is the answer. In view of your location, I would suggest contacting the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management (at Melton Mowbray) to obtain details of their National Pool Plant Operators certificated courses.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 November 2000 09:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor PS. Their phone number is: 01664 565501 (Web: www.isrm.co.uk).
Admin  
#4 Posted : 09 November 2000 21:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By david Westhead Thanks Ken for your reply, as I said I consider myself to be competent and I have had some basic training in the chemical dosing side of the pool plant. I will however use your advice and contact the company that you mentioned. Thanks once again for the advice. David.