Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2000 11:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Clarke MIOSH, MIIRSM Hi Folks, First thanks for all the fire risk assessments I recieved. Second an open question, if you were attending an interview what questions would you ask the employer?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2000 15:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Howden What about asking about their policy towards membership of Professional Institutions, attendance at Branch Meetings and support for Professional Development. Regards Bob Howden
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 November 2000 18:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Chilcott I've always found that it is worth asking about career development. What courses would be available, policy on further training even what promotional structure there is in place. Just remember one thing, don't always think about the money..... Best of luck Ken
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 November 2000 22:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Carson Ask what backing are you likely to expect from line management. Without that life in any company becomes unbearable.See if you can talk to them on a one to one basis. Regards Graham
Admin  
#5 Posted : 15 November 2000 10:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle In addition to the above: 1) 'What investment(s) have you made - are you making - are you going to make in the progession of a safety culture for the workforce' 2) 'Has a company Director been nominated with responsible for health & safety' 3) 'Will I have Direct access to s/he (Director) on issues concerning health and safety' 4) 'How do you see the role of your H&S Officer' 5) 'Do you envisage the role of your H&S Officer as being autonomous' 9) 'When were the company: H&S Policy Safe Systems of work Training Risk assessments Other assessments etc...etc.. 'Last reviewed' 10) 'How much are you going to pay me' 'Whats the salary figure you have in mind' 11) 'How often do you review salaries' 12) 'Is a car provided' 'Fully expensed?' 13) 'Will you allow paid time off to attend professional meetings' 'Are you willing to consider my attendance and meeting the costs of my attendance at professional conferences/meetings' 14) 'What about your pension scheme'