Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2000 08:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Osborne Has any local authority started looking at their internal health and safety provision for the purposes of best value. I would be interested in sharing knowldge
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2000 20:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By kevin rodrigues Peter We are currently undergoing a Best Value review. In my local authority it was decided to start this process early, although the H & S Best Value Review need not start until, I think, next year or the year after. A Committee of all Health & Safety Lead Officers were set up as the H & S Best Value Review Group. Questionnaires were sent out by them to a percentage of Chief Officers, Service Heads, Managers, Supervisors and of course both Blue/White collar employees in all directorates. Plus questionnaires were sent to all H & S Advisors. The answers were entered into a database and the results fed back to the Review Group. The first set of proposals has been sent back as unacceptable, and we await their response. In my humble view, it has been a painful process so far. It has led to internal conflict between ourselves and our fellow Advisors in other directorates. I wish you luck. Kevin
Admin  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2000 16:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston You need "Safety means business - best value and benchmarking health and safety services within local authorities" isbn 0 9013 5725 1 published by IOSH MAPS section - I think you'll find it in the Publications section here just hit that button to the left and up a bit...