Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 November 2000 21:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle Hi, All. I am about to start looking into ergonimics in the work place. Ergonomics = 'study of the relationship between workers and their environment' I would be grateful for any useful information on this subject or details of any (not too labourious) papers you know of relevant and up to date. best regards... Stuart Nagle
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 November 2000 21:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Stuart, Get hold of a copy of HS(G)60 - Work related upper limb disorders - A guide to prevention. ISBN 0 7176 0475 6 It has some useful tips on what to consider and how to prevent/reduce WRULD's by redesigning the workstations and work patterns etc. Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2000 09:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan Stuart, The USA OSHA ergonomics final standard has just been published. Go to http://www.osha-slc.gov/...mics-standard/index.html for details, Philip
Admin  
#4 Posted : 21 November 2000 10:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Hall Stuart, there's a brief article in todays Safety News, http://www.safetynews.co.uk/news.htm
Admin  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2000 16:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston I appreciate that what I'm about to recommend is rather more than you've asked for, but try to get hold of "Fitting the task to the human" by Karl Kroemer (previous editions "Fitting the task to the man" by Etienne Grandjean). This is a standard work and you should find it in county or further education libraries. It's still only 20 quid for a well bound paperback - which beats the HSE on value for money hands down. - order it through the publishers Taylor and Francis. www.tandf.co.uk My copy's always within my horizontal arc of grasp.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 26 November 2000 12:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle a 'BIG THANK YOU' to all respondents. I am sure I shall be able to find what I am looking for with all the reference points you have provided. again... many thanks... Stuart Nagle