Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2000 11:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Marten As a newly qualified 'Managing Safely' person, it has now been decided that I should go on and do the NEBOSH course. I would be pleased to hear of experiences and any recommendation from members as to where to do it. I live and work in York and am a school bursar. Thanks.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2000 16:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Fox. Hi Nick,I am also fairly new to working in the H+S area. I am in the familiar position of already having a full time post of a Mechanical Engineer and been asked to take on the role or Safety Representative/Coordinator for our small office, 15 employees. Deciding that I needed to learn more about H+S matters, I too have embarked on a course of study with the NEBOSH Certificate. Having researched the study options there appears to be three ways to go, 1, 30 weeks 1 evening per week. 2, 2 full weeks. 3, 15 weeks 1 day per week. I am doing the evening class option,at our local College which is going O.K. But I would say that when you have been out of the education system for a considerable time,it is a little hard to get back in at first. Also there are 3 parts to the exam which I did not realise. However I recommend that you go ahead, as both the NEBOSH certificate and diploma are recognised as very good qualifications in the industry. Good Luck, Regards, Graham Fox.