Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2001 10:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Malcolm Hamilton Looking for assistance,has anybody got a good stress questionaire or details on where I might find one. As I have been tasked to conduct a stess survey with in a F.E.College (luky me). Thanks Malcolm
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2001 13:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Con.. C.L Cooper is a name that comes to mind. The Occ. Stress Indicator designed by Cary L Cooper, Stephen Sloan & Stephen Williams. Holmes & Rahe also came up with a similar survey but not as extensive. Any good books on Stress will mention the above persons and referance their material. Regards Con..
Admin  
#3 Posted : 22 January 2001 15:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston OSI is published by Nelson NFER you'll find details here http://assess.nelson.com...assess/group/gp-osi.html PMI (Pressure Management Indicator)- a development of OSI by Stephen Williams is published by RAD tel: 01423 529529 Both these tests should be administered by someone competent in psychological testing (Off hand, I can't recall to what level.) I suggest that you first get hold of a publication called "Mental well-being in the workplace" published by the HSE, 1998 isbn 07176 1524 3 from HSE books. It gives a good grounding in this subject. You'll find some helpful stuff in a few HSE Contract Research Reports... CRR193 1998 Organisational interventions to reduce work stress: are they effective?; and (to a lesser extent) in CRR265 2000- The Bristol study and CRR266 2000 - The Whitehall II study Long in the tooth - but still useful is CRR61 1993 "Stress Research and Stress Management: putting theory to work" by Tom Cox - the only one of these CRRs which is not available for free download from http://www.hse.gov.uk/re...h/frameset/crr/index.htm
Admin  
#4 Posted : 22 January 2001 15:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young Try www.isma.org.uk for initial information.