Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2001 09:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lance Morgan Come on you lot working in NHS merged Trust's. Some of you must be able to tell me how you set up committees. Do you have a main executive/representative committee into which divisional committees feed or do you have consultative committees on each site reporting to a main committee. Is there any advice you could give me on which structure works best. Regards, Lance
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2001 12:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Lance Being a single site at UHL I can't help you with the merged thing other than pointing you the way of Controls Assurance. Presumably the merged Trust will have a single Board and, as required under Controls Assurance, a single Risk Management Committee. It would be up to this Committee to debate and decide what they feel would serve the best purpose. 2 seperate committees would duplicate effort and may prove a bit unwieldy to manage but they will be more local and reps available to staff on their respective sites(local shops for local people!!). Weigh these factors against the overall committee approach. You could do worse than call your CA Auditor at Willis for their views. By now they will have conducted baseline audits on many merged Trusts....hopefully. Regards Bryn