Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2001 13:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Could anyone suggest any sources of information covering specific HASAW legislation covering volunteers in general.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2001 13:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston Charity and Voluntary Workers - a guide to health and safety at work HSG 192 isbn 07176 2424 2 from HSE books and alll good bookstores The Health and Safety Handbook for voluntary and Community Organisations, Hinde & Kavanagh ed. Jill Barlow, from The Directory of Social Change tel 0151 708 0117
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 March 2001 11:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Annetta Maslen I am secretary to the CSG (Charities Safety Group) - a non-commercial organisation providing the sector with advice and info on the "good neighbour" principal. We are a group of hard pressed safety advisors interested in this area and also employed full time as Advisors to Charities and the like. We worked in partnership to produce the HSE guidance mentioned above & at the same time produced a video "Charity and Voluntary Organisations". We feel strongly that volunteers should be afforded the same rights under H&S as any paid employee and continue to liaise with the HSE and ROSPA to that end. If your interested the CSG address is PO BOX 804, CROYDON CR9 8BT - telephone 0700 900 9128. Annetta Maslen
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 March 2001 12:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor I'm pleased to hear from you on the Forum. We had an interesting presentation from a representative of your group at the IOSH MAPS Division Annual Symposium at Keele University a few years ago. As the Health & Safety Officer for a large and historic registered charity in the Croydon area, I tried, on a number of occasions, to contact the organisation by letter and telephone in order to explore the possibility of joining - but to no avail. If this is now a possibility, could you send me some information, etc.? For the record, we are engaging volunteer workers to provide respite support for carers in the area and are considering them as employees so far as health and safety legislation is concerned. Ken Taylor The Whitgift Foundation North End Croydon CR9 1SS
Admin  
#5 Posted : 02 March 2001 14:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Annetta Maslen Sorry to hear you have had trouble contacting us. I will certainly put some information in the post to you with details of how you can contact me direct. Annetta
Admin  
#6 Posted : 02 March 2001 22:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Annetta, could you also please send me some info. Thanks Ashley Williams, Keighley Worksafe Project 136 Malsis Road, Keighley, West Yorkshire. BD21 1RF