Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 March 2001 08:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lisa Fowlie Does IOSH really want opinions on this very important issue? If so why: Place the request for comments on Fri 2nd (not the best office day - and if people don't log on over the weekend..) Give a deadline of Fri 9th (to include time for thought, post etc ) Include in that deadline an IOSH Conference in Bournemouth 7th - 9th (for those lucky enough to attend) If a survey is to be conducted (and I welcome the idea) then PLEASE could we have a realistic timescale to allow for reasonable representation from members. I appreciate it is in SHP but mine arrived Sat 3rd so no extra time there either. Good marketing and promotion is a key element to sucess - perhaps this is what we are not getting right? If the survey has been promoted elsewhere and I have missed it I apologise. Regards, Lisa. Ps - to the site administrator - If I hit the 'preview thread' button it just deletes the full message - which is slightly annoying.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 March 2001 10:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Lisa, Absolutely, Much too little time. Only reason I found this was because I had Practitioner on the plane yesterday evening. I hope that many members will find the time to input, but I think the sample will be rather small. Also I doubt that analysis of the questionnaire will take us very far forward in terms of getting IOSH to be more proactive in its dealings with the media etc, and making sure that they approach IOSH rather than BSC, RoSPA etc. Peter
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 March 2001 12:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Use the on-line comment form (Home page, in brief, IOSH corporate survey) only takes 10 minutes and at least you can say you've aired your opinion. Only 2 moans about it....why no free text 'other comments' box at the end? Perhaps this confirms Lisa's comments about not wanting to hear the plain truth. and why don't Q's 13/14 have an 'irrelevant' or 'not applicable' choice. Go see!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 March 2001 11:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan On the face of it this would appear to be a worthwhile exercise but after careful study of the questionnaire I am left with the impression that it is an (expensive?) exercise designed to support a pre-determined outcome. Several questions are of the "are you still beating your wife" variety (e.g. Q8, 10, 17) and others beg the question (e.g. on the corporate plan and chartered status). If the consultants on this exercise are to properly present their findings on a whole range of elements, (1to1 and telephone interviews, workshops, questionnaires, and a review of printed & online materials) to the March meeting of the Management & Finance Committee, how in depth is the research, and therefore how valid will be the results, and with the research element not being completed before 9 March, how accurate and efficacious will be conclusions drawn between then and the MFC meeting? Philip