Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2001 01:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mary Yu I am about to start my MSc EHS Management dissertation. Anyone can suggest any research topics which is meaningful and easy to do? Thanks.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 March 2001 14:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis Quinn How about covering the debate as to whether it should/would be possible to offer a "one-stop shop" covering Environmental, Health & Safety and Trading Standards issues? Good luck with it anyway.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 28 March 2001 02:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mary Yu Francis, One of my topics on my list is "Integration Management System for Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety". Very much like your suggestion to me. Thank you very much. I will seriously consider choosing this topic.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 29 March 2001 16:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Mary, IOSH have a policy on integrated management systems. If you would like to e-mail your address to me I will get a copy put in the post to you. hazel.harvey@iosh.co.uk
Admin  
#5 Posted : 30 March 2001 08:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis Quinn I'll come clean- I only got my Masters last year so the grind is still fresh in my memory- if I can help in any way let us know. My E-mail is francis_quinn@birmingham.gov.uk
Admin  
#6 Posted : 05 April 2001 14:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Waldram I'd like to suggest some other subjects, based on Section 4.6 of the current IOSH Corporate Plan - Research & Education. That section suggests the following as "likely to see a continuation of the current emphasis" - management systems, human factors, behavioural issues and SME's. Personally I judge that plenty has been written abut integrated management systems. However what % of UK organisations have actually adopted ANY formal OSH or integrated MS? How does this vary with size, industry (e.g. links with a Safety case duty holder, where formal MS are virtually mandatory), client type - national vs global, purpose - e.g. business vs government vs charity, etc? What benefits do those with MS perceive, what stops those without them from adopting them, e.g. positive decision vs ignorance about such systems? A particularly interesting area is education. For example is there any link between using a formal OSH MS within the education body and including OSH in all relevant courses? - links here with the 'Revitalising' Action Steps as well as the IOSH Young Persons Policy. How do the organisations with and without OSH MS expect their current policy to change (or not) in response to Turnbull, HSE Annual Reporting Guidance, etc? To what extent are external factors the main driver for adoption, or is it more dependant on internal leadership? The above are just a few of the areas where some good, factual research would be valuable - whilst still keeping to your broad interest in OSH MS. If you do some original work (and as mentioned above, I'm personally not sure that there IS much original to say about integrated systems!), I'm sure the IOSH Journal will be willing to publish the key findings! Good luck with whatever you choose.