Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2001 11:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Can anyone recommend a suitable safety auditors course that I can send a collegue (who is studying for the dipmloa so knows the theory of management sytems) on. Basically what we are after is more the "how to audit" and not why you need a management system as we are establishing one at the moment, hence the need for "trained" auditors. I have experience of ROSPA's QSA and a BSI course neither of which are really what I am looking for. I have read the IOSH CPD courses booklet and have seen the course in it, would anybody who has been on it like to give me an idea if this is the type of course I am looking for.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2001 09:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan Nigel, Give Philip a call on; 028 44613383 or e-mail him at; expertease@confinedspaces.com He was running straightforward H&S audit training programs for several of the public sector bodies recently. (Teaching safety officers the basics of auditing). He is also developing an internet version that you may be interested in talking to him about. Regards Ciaran mailto:ciaran@confinedspaces.com
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2001 16:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle Try 'Bywaters' in Reading. They have a general auditing course, entitled 'Internal Quality System Auditing'. This is designed to provide knowledge of how to audit and define what needs to be audited, rather than teaching you to such eggs on the subject of the audit matter. Not a bad course. Stuart Nagle
Admin  
#4 Posted : 12 March 2001 12:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Marj Rees Hi Nigel, I attended the IOSH Auditing course at The Grange last year and found it useful. It was aimed at the more practical aspects of auditing rather than just the theory so it may well address your needs. As an aside there is a document issued by the Chemical Industries Association ISBN 0 900 623 55 1 which you may find useful. Regards Marj