Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2001 12:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rakesh Maharaj Dear All... I am racking my head around developing a risk assessment pro-forma for evaluating flammable liquids, needless to say with little success. Is there any guidance in the sea of information or exisiting, adaptable assessments that you would like to direct me towards. You could email me directly. Please accept my thanks in advance. Rakesh
Admin  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2001 09:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor I see that no responses are recorded for your question - but hope that some have responded by E-mail as you suggest. It am uncertain as to whether you are carrying out COSHH assessments - and therefore require safety data sheets from the suppliers, preparing safety data sheets for others, or referring to the need to provide safe premises for use and storage of flammables. There is a lot of published guidance from the HSE on dangerous substances in both general and particular and I would suggest starting by looking at the relevant sections in their free catalogue (from 01787 881165)and obtaining the required publications. Perhaps by bringing this thread back to the top of the list some others may be able to be more helpful?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2001 12:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rakesh Maharaj Dear Ken, I am planning to conduct a risk assessment as required by the HF Liquids and Petroleum Gases Regs '72. The assessment should cover various aspects of the HF liquids installation, fire precautions, inspection and testing etc, etc. My objective is to identify and assess hazards common to Highly Flammable Liquids storage in tanks and intermediate vessels for use within the same premises. However a generic risk assessment pro forma designed to be used for the above purpose will be welcomed as it will provide me with a foundation on which to develop. Thanks in advance. Rakesh
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 March 2001 13:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor I'm not 'in the industry' but have generic risk assessments for flammable liquids and LPG gas in cylinders which I shall e-mail to you shortly. These are only in very general terms and if any other contributors come up with something better (and I do hope so) please let me know!
Admin  
#5 Posted : 17 March 2001 17:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By chandrashekhar for the attention of Mr. Ken Tylor, could you mail me generic risk assessments for flammable liquids and LPG in gas cylinder. many thanks in advance for your assistance. deshnur@emirates.net.ae