Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 28 March 2001 10:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker I’m trying to persuade my line managers and machine shop operatives that using compressed air lines to clean machined components is hazardous and needs to be controlled. I seem to remember reading a HSE guidance document on this a while ago. HSG129 lists a document called Compressed Air safety (HSG39) which I guess is what I’m looking for. However I cannot find this in the latest HSE Books catalogue. Can anyone advise me of a good source of information, please.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 28 March 2001 12:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jack Its available on HSEDirect (and Tech Ind etc) so it is presumably available from HSE Books.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 28 March 2001 13:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi "Compressed air safety",Second edition 1998 HS(G)39 ISBN :-0717615316 is listed in the Autumn 2000 (latest) catalogue on page 1 under the HSG series. To find out more, call HSE books on tel:- 01787 881165.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 March 2001 13:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker Ref HSG 39 Thanks to you both. Obviously I need to see my optician! Maybe it is because I'm approaching 50 (see other thread). I've now ordered this doc. However from the description, I'm dubious it is what I want. Refering back to my original problem - can anyone help ?