Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2001 10:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Crump Can anyone tell me what regulations are applicable to the safe maintenance of electrical systems at 240volts AC and above which can be found on rolling stock?.I would also like to know what minimum training should be given to staff who work on these systems and to staff who may work in close proximity to them. Paul
Admin  
#2 Posted : 01 April 2001 14:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Chilcott If you mean the power supply that is passed through the rolling stock then be very carefull as the ETH system runs at well above the 415v level. If it were me then I would be looking at following the standard Electricity at Work regs together with the IEE regs 16th Edition. Working adjacent to any live electrical system like you describe requires a permit to work signed off by an authorised person. Over 415v it has to be signed off by a senior authorised person. However, if you follow the guidance you should be covered. Regards Ken Chilcott