Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 01 April 2001 22:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Wilf Archer Sorry if I upset anyone but I thought we could all do with a laugh. Life is serious enough our profession so we should at least make the best of it. The note was signed by Olli Forap and if you rearrange the letters what do you get? By the way we can all fall for the joke. I was siiting in the living room this morning whilst my wife was making breakfast and the hall smoke alarm sounded. This is a common occurence in our house so I ignored it. It was either heat from the cooker or it was my kids playing a joke. It stopped and I continued reading the paper. Then it sounded again so I got up and walked into the hall. My son (a company safety rep.)was flapping a towel at the alarm trying to get it to stop. I opened the kitchen door to a cloud of smoke as my wife had just stepped out the back for a second and left the grill on. The place was full of smoke. The stupid thing was that both my son and I ignored the alarm because it is constantly going off when someone is cooking. Familiarity does breed contempt. It doesn't pay to be too complacent. A safety lesson learnt. Take care and don't take life too seriously.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 April 2001 14:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Annetta Maslen nice to know that not all H&S people are humourless!
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 April 2001 15:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Mycroft Nice one Wilf