Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 April 2001 16:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Con.. Where could I get some information on Environmental issues within the Hotel and Catering industry?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 April 2001 09:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster Con As a "sideline" I operate a Guest House which has recently achieved Gold Award status in the Scottish Tourist Board's Green Business scheme. If you send your postal address to me at the Guest House address - lavrockha@orkney.com - I will arrange to get some info sent to you. John
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 April 2001 09:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Have you seen the free Food and Catering Information Sheets from the HSE and the various Department of Health publications (including 'Assured Safe Catering')? It's also worth going through the HSE catalogue as there are several publications relevant to hotels and catering. Your local Environmental Health Department may, like ours, have a series of guidance notes. I would also recommend 'The Food Safety Handbook' from Eaton Publications (01932 229001).
Admin  
#4 Posted : 17 April 2001 14:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tim Trounson Try the International Hotel Environment Initiative phone:0207.4673620 or the British Hospitality Association phone:0207.4047744. The publication is "Environmental Management for Hotels: An Industry Guide to Best Practice" ISBN 075062728X Price: 150 UK pounds. Published by Butterworth Heinemann phone:01865.888180. Fax: 01865.314029. email: bh.orders@repp.co.uk Try your local library
Admin  
#5 Posted : 18 April 2001 21:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Whitfield There might be available information on the envirowise link in the website I am writing as part of my diploma project in H,S&E. The web address is: www.safety.arrowweb.co.uk Any feedback (good or bad) on how useful, time saving, ease of use etc the site is would be welcomed as I can use it towards my project write up. In my site go to the basic user page and read up on how to get to the guide section on the envirowise link. Good luck Dave Whitfield