Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2001 00:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Stirling I HAVE been reading managers guide to Health & Saftey at work by J Stranks. This book is helping very much but, it is a library book and it must go back.however, I do want to buy a book that will help me just as much can any one recamend a book that can help me globally with my sudy of N.E.B.O.S.H PART (1) I only have £25 to spend. thank you. regards Mark.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 April 2001 14:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Mark, There is a new book by Tony Boyle which has been written specifically to meet you purposes. Details of the book are in the Publications section of this web-site. I'm afraid it is more expensive than your budget but you may be able to borrow one from your course provider.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 April 2001 22:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Whitfield Mark, You may be able to save your money. If you are doing the course through a college, use their own library which will have the required books. Failing that, I am putting together a help/reference website as my main project on the NTU Diploma course in health, safety and environmental management. The site has links to all of the main legislation, guidance notes and other safety related stuff, all of which is free to download and use. The website was in response to the difficulties other students had in researching relevant info for their studies. The site address is: www.safety.arrowweb.co.uk Give it a try. The links on the basic user page have a star rating and I would recommend you try the "Safety-Now" link. If you find the site of use can you please provide me with feedback (good or bad) on ease of use, time savings, relevance to studies etc, as I can use it for my project write up. Good luck with the course. Regards Dave Whitfield