Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 April 2001 06:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Haroon Rasheed Tabani Dear all I am desperately looking for some guidance notes or procedure including form on fire risk assessment. Could anyone help me please.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 April 2001 08:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Contact your local Fire Brigade, I know in West Yorkshire, they will do the fire risk assessments for you, for free.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 24 April 2001 09:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Ashley, I'm surprised to hear that one fire brigade are doing these free of charge. Down here they won't even give good-will advice under the 1947 Fire Services Act any more! Haroon, Some asked this sort of question before and received a copy of Allan's form from Hascom. I shall e-mail you a copy. Have you seen 'Fire Safety: an Employer's Guide' from HSE?
Admin  
#4 Posted : 24 April 2001 10:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Fergusson The Fire Service college at Morton-In-Marsh run an extremly good course for Fire Risk Assessment. This course will give you the skills to carry out assessments but in a way that differs from any other I have been shown. As these people train the fire service I think they may be right in this case. email them on firesafety@fireservicecollege.ac.uk
Admin  
#5 Posted : 24 April 2001 13:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis Quinn For about ten pounds, you can get an excellent guide which leads you through all you need to know. Its called "Fire Risk Management in the Workplace- A guide for employers" and its published by the FPA (Fire Protection Association)- ISBN 0 902167 73-1
Admin  
#6 Posted : 26 April 2001 16:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Whitfield Check out my website at www.safety.arrowweb.co.uk Go to the advanced user page and click onto the Firenet link. It is a website set up by fire officers and contains info and example on risk assessments. My website is being set up as my main project on the NTU Diploma course as a reference tool mainly for students. However, if you find it of use please continue to use it, as it saves having to remember loads of different web addresses. I am looking for feedback about the site for use in my project write up, (ease of use, user friendliness, time savings on searches, relevant information etc) so if you would like to reply it would be most welcome. Good luck in your search. Regards Dave Whitfield.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 27 April 2001 10:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi The FPA guide referred to by Francis is excellent and of good value. Another "official" guide is the Home Office/HSE guidance, "Fire safety : an employer's guide" that can be accessed on the website http://www.official-docu.../document/fire/index.htm or thro HSE books/The Stationary Office