Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2001 17:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Roger Greengrass Hello My organisation has previously trained and certificated sucessful candidates to these regs. However, now that they have been repealed by PUWER 1998,I am wondering where the applicable requirements are now to be found and what the certificate should state. Thanks, Roger.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2001 08:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Lucas Roger, Have you got a copy of the current HSE Guidance on abrasive wheels?? It ties in with PUWER if you can't get hold of it, drop me an email and I'll send the details Hope this is helpful Regards Andy
Admin  
#3 Posted : 15 May 2001 21:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Lucas Roger, As you know the Abrasive Wheels Regs were repealed by PUWER. The HSE have produced the following guidance document to compliment the '98 Regs, Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels HSG17 ISBN 0-7176-1739-4 (£7.50) Third Edition 2000. HSE Books 017870881165. Hope this is what you were after. Andy
Admin  
#4 Posted : 16 May 2001 10:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Roger Greengrass Andy Many thanks for the information. A copy of the Regulations have been ordered. Regards Roger.