Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2001 23:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe McNicholas Does anybody have any information or had experience of experiential health & Safety training or role playing? I'm looking for roleplay (something along the lines of an activity a couple of hours or so long. The current training sessions held are two days long and don't have enough activity breaks.I would like to introduce more of this into the courses. I would be eternally grateful (well maybe not eternally!)to anybody having experience or information as to where I can get hold of such an actitivity. Thanks in anticipation. Joe Mc
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2001 08:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston You'll find learning activities focussed on developing managers in the HSE's Managing health and safety: An open learning workbook for managers and trainers isbn 0717611531 You could try contacting 80/20 Training Ltd http://www.8020.co.uk/ While they seem now to focus on sales training they have produced a couple of large volumes of safety training resources with lots of suggestions for activities.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2001 12:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John D Crosby Joe Gower publish a book 'Health & Safety Games for Trainers' which includes a whole variety of activities that can be used as they stand or can be simply adapted to suit your needs. Try their web site (www.gowerpub.com) which normally has examples of their books. Hope this helps John C
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 May 2001 18:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Budworth Dear Joe, I have an accident investigation role play developed for the monitor video snakes and ladders. It seems to work really well. I'll E mail it to you when I get back into the office. Good Luck Best Regards Neil