Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2001 12:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By JULIE SANDERS Thank you in advance of your help, is tinnitis a reportable occupational disease either via RIDDOR or DSS and if so, under what occupations would it be reported?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 30 May 2001 15:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Daniel The answer is NO - It's not notifiable to the HSE under Riddor - I don't think Noise induced hearing loss is either,although I must confess to checking very quickly. In any event occupational diseases are only notifiable on receipt of a [legible] doctor's note.... I once had occasion to analyse 2-3 years experience for the whole of Rover Longbridge (25,000 employees at the time) Of the 60% of Dr's notes that were legible [!!!] none could be found indicating a specific occupational disease. Dave Daniel H&S Consultant
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 May 2001 16:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods Tinnitis is not reportable under RIDDOR, but industrial deafness is a prescribed disease which means you can claim benifit from the DHSS, Benifits Agency or whatever there calling themselves today. People who suffer from industrial deafness often suffer tinnitis as a symptom. Bob Woods keighley worksafe Project.