Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 May 2001 16:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Anthony carroll Hello to all As an M.Sc student in Occupational health & ergonomics I am looking for advice/information on a project I intend to pursuee. I want to research the psychological impact of working in industrial clean rooms. I think this may have not been used as a research setting before. Getting information is proving difficult. I can get alot of material on the impact of stress itself but not in relation to the clean room environment. Any advice would be apprciated. Anthony carroll
Admin  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2001 10:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin R. Bessant Hi Anthony, This subject was discussed on this forum on 22/2/01 and can be accesed by typing "clean rooms" under search. Hope this helps, Martin.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 June 2001 10:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Anthony carroll Thank you to those who replied. However, I sure somebody here must have working knowledge of the clean room environment. If so I would really like to hear from you. For instance did you think staff had difficulty working there. What did the company do to reduce stress in the clean room. Has anybody ever come across literature on the topic? Thanks Anthony
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 June 2001 13:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Becky Allen Anthony Occupational Health Review published a feature on health and safety in the electronics industry (Allen B. High-tech and unhealthy. OHR (1999) 82, 11-14). One or two of those interviewed for the article - Professor Joseph LaDou in California and Phase Two (a support group) in Greenock, Scotland should be able to help. Becky Allen Occupational Health Review 18-20 Highbury Place London N5 1QP tel: 020 7354 6786 email: becky.allen@butterworths.com