Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 June 2001 01:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Wai Ming WU Could anyone let me know how to access the archive of the old forum? In fact, after I had entered the site, it showed empty. Please tell me the procedures. Thanks in advance. W.M. WU
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 June 2001 19:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Fisher Wai Ming On the right of the screen,above the "Hot Topics" box you will see the "Archive - old forum" link. However I am assuming that you have tried that and you did not get the link. Having just tried it, it does work - but let us try another route in! Type in the following web address and hit return - it may work. http://w6.demon.co.uk/cgi-bin/iosh/config.pl Good luck - let me know if this does not work. Bill Fisher Forum Moderator
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 June 2001 19:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Fisher Wai Ming More info! If the link takes you to Demon's Web Forwarding site go up to the address bar which will have "http://w6.demon.co.uk" and add on the rest of the address and hit return. Again I've tried it and it works Regards Bill
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 June 2001 05:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Wai Ming WU Dear Bill, Thanks for your instruction, but I still could not access the archive. When I entered the site, the page just showed the headings of the IOSH homepage but without any contents of the archive. W.M. WU
Admin  
#5 Posted : 11 June 2001 07:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Fisher Wai Ming I certainly got the connection in both cases. I suspect that there is a connection problem at your end. Could you try it from another location or ask an IT person to try and tweak it? Regards Bill
Admin  
#6 Posted : 12 June 2001 16:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster Due to the sheer volume of material on the old forum archive page, the page can be VERY slow to open if you are connecting through a slow modem. It could take a minute or two to go beyond the stage you describe, so you end up looking at the red and orange IOSH banner and a blank white page. If this is your problem, you may just have to be patient. John
Admin  
#7 Posted : 13 June 2001 03:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Wai Ming WU Problem solved. Thank you all.