Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2001 14:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Samantha Bevington Can anyone recommend a general health and safety awareness video to use at induction training. The area I cover is mainly office based but there are also some enforcement officers. Also, recommendations for a good manual handling video would be appreciated.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 June 2001 14:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams You could try out takes on 020 8289 2466 they do a range of safety videos. e-mail videos@outtakes.freeserve.co.uk Ashley Williams
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2001 15:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Budworth I suggest You'll be Alright from RoSPA a good induction video or headcases or accidents don't happen in the office from www.trainingresources.org.uk In terms of manual handling training the Outtakes stuff is good as is the material from Human Focus. I have a marginal prefernce for the Human Focus videos in this instance. Good Luck Neil
Admin  
#4 Posted : 21 June 2001 12:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis MSc MIOSH RSP I've found 'Headcases' to work very well over a couple of years- it benefits from a discussion. Have you tried VOCAM on 024 7663 4666 ?
Admin  
#5 Posted : 21 June 2001 20:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan Samantha A couple of the respondants have mentioned Outtakes videos as a source of good material. I would agree with this analysis. I have been taken by this company since they produced their first video; The secret Syphon (still one of the freshest approaches to Safety Culture). I have bought and used many of their videos in training sessions over the years. Recent videos that might interest you include; The Safety Bit - An excellent induction video that doesn't shove safety down the new employees throat, rather it congratulates them on becoming a fresh pair of eyes for the company and cautions them to ask questions and learn as they develop more experience. Outtakes most recent video "As Safe as Offices" looks at the attitudes and behaviours that lead to accidents in the office in a way that leaves the viewer thinking about their own behaviour. Sorry if this sounds like an advert but I do like this company's work. Give them a call I am sure that they will arrange a preview of any of the videos in their catalogue. Regards Ciaran mailto:ciaran@confinedspaces.com