Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 July 2001 14:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steven Green Hi - first post here, so hello all! Can somebody help me with a question and tell me what the minimun and maximum temperatures permitted in the workplace are? The air-conditioning at my office is out of action and has been for some weeks, I need a bit of ammo to start threatening people to get it fixed!!! Thanks Steve
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2001 15:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Preston There's been quite a lot of traffic on this subject in the forum lately - I have promoted the most recent from the second page so you can find it more easily
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2001 16:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods Try ringing Keighley Worksafe on 01535 664462 they will provide you with a free leaflet on thermal comfort.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 12 July 2001 14:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Waterton Hi the workplace welfare regulations give some guidance on this. However, they only state a min temp and not a max temp. indicating that this should not be allowed to rise above a tolerable or comfortable level (what ever that is) We have a similar problem and do not have air conditioning (this can bring it's own set of health & safety concerns) it is generally thought that a max of 23 -27 dgrees C should be maintained. But the legislation, as in many other areas, is a bit wooly. we have made use of small mobile air conditioning plant in some offices. mainly to placate employees..i'm not convinced it has really helped much..hope this helps