Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 18 July 2001 14:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Deirdre Moore As a training provider, I am seeking to begin a Food Safety / Food Hygiene course. Could anyone inform me of a typical course outline, or basic prescribed criteria? I have the relevant legislation, with background academic knowledge but would like to put this together in such a way, to make the course effective for impending participants.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 18 July 2001 15:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eddie Newall Try http://www.the-essentials.co.uk/ Also, try http://www.google.com and do a search for: food hygiene safety uk then run again with training added.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 July 2001 15:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie Dundee College do a Food Safety package, which has been very well received, and has won awards. Try them at www.dundeecoll.ac.uk, or Corporate Services, Dundee College, Old Glamis Road, Dundee DD3 8LE, 01382 834834, Fax 01382 858117. I am an employee of Dundee College, but have no direct interest in this area Laurie
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 July 2001 20:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey You might like to look at accreditation and this will give you better guidance on the standards and training requirements. The Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene (RIPHH) and the Institute of Environmental Health Offices are the main awarding bodies, you can find both of these easily on the web with a quick search. The RIPHH booklet The First Certificate in Food Safety gives an excellent guideline to basic training requirements.