Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 July 2001 13:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie A recent Advisory Group Report from NRPB suggests there may be a possible small increase in the risk of childhood leukaemia where there is exposure to to unusually high levels of power frequency magnetic fields. Dose anybody have any sort of figures? Our nursery boundary is 20 metres from a electricity sub-station boundary, and while I assume that, like most radiation, levels decrease logarithmically with distance, obviously I want to be absolutely sure. Until I get some figures I can' t even survey Laurie
Admin  
#2 Posted : 25 July 2001 15:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi There is detailed information on the NRPB website--The address to it is http://www.nrpb.org.uk/A...uestions/Qelfemf.htm#Q19
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 July 2001 17:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Laurie, Which area are you in? I work for Midlands Electricity (GPU Power) and we have staff that will go out and take measurements and give advice. Contact your local electricity board, or contact me if you are in the West Midlands area. Regards, Nick
Admin  
#4 Posted : 26 July 2001 10:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie Thanks Laurie