Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 August 2001 14:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Samson We had a contract to interior demolition and refurbishment of a 5 storey building at No.1 Cambridge Gate, Regents Park, London. Could any one help me with information, who is the person responsible for HSE or the office from where we shall get advise/information on local HSE rules and regulation prior to commence our construction activities.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 August 2001 14:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods I sincerely hope this is a humerous posting. If not somebody [Samson]is in big trouble. We give free occ health and safety advice contact me and i'll try to help. Robert Woods.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 August 2001 14:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods P.S I know a place that rents out inflatable scaffold, sells buckets of compresssed air and glass hammers. You can also get a long stand there.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 August 2001 16:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arran Linton - Smith Please contact me on arran@safetyaccess.co.uk and I will try and help you.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 11 August 2001 10:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike Charleston The best advice straight away is to NOT DO ANYTHING until you have found out a lot more. If you ignore this, it is highly likely that the HSE will have a good case for prosecuting the client as well as your own organisation. If you want another view apart from that offered by Bob and Arran, I too could help. Regards - Mike
Admin  
#6 Posted : 11 August 2001 10:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mike Charleston I thought my e-mail would show automatically but it hasn't. My contact: Mike@mcassociates.org.uk
Admin  
#7 Posted : 11 August 2001 18:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Samson, Do you by any chance work in Glasgow? I think there's a chap over the road called Andy Blair you may want to have a word with! Are you in the market for a Safety Advisor? Shall we start the bidding at £35k and a car, plus relocation?? Nick
Admin  
#8 Posted : 16 August 2001 16:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Samson TO, Mr.Robert,Arran, Mike, Nick, Delilah, Keith and paul. The topic is posted from abroad, to know the area HSE inspector/Officer to co ordinate with him on HSE matters,prior to mobilise a contractor to commence the work.Thats all. Thanks for your response, now the topic is closedout.
Admin  
#9 Posted : 17 August 2001 09:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Oh that's ok then, as long as you're not from this country, you don't have to worry about compying with any of our health and safety (or other) legislation. I believe the area health and safety inspectors name is a Mr. Chris P Cod. Nick