Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 October 2000 23:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Al Penman I am trying to aquire information on airbags and seatbelt tensioners and any safety implications of these before and after RTA's. Does anyone know of anywhere that I can find this information ?. Thanks Al.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 October 2000 09:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Try: RoSPA on 0121 248 2000; and DETR Transport Research Laboratory (Crowthorne, Berks)
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 October 2000 10:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Donaldson Have a word to your local Fire Station. Advise on this matter was issued to the Fire Brigades some time ago. I think it was in a Dear Chief Fire Officer note.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 October 2000 10:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark A. Bush The Fire Service provide training to all officers attending RTAs based on Home Office research and data from the USA. You might also try to speak to manufacturers. Their information may be limited (they are trying to sell cars at the end of the day) but we found Jaguar were very helpful in providing Police Officers with training.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 10 October 2000 12:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Howden HSE has a publication which may help. "A guide to the handling and storage of Airbags and Seat Belt Pretensioners at garages and motor vehicle repair workshops" INDG280 Regards Bob Howden