Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 November 2000 13:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Angela By the time I get through the various pages to write a response I've forgotten who I'm responding to (could also be indicative of age). Also I'm not able to respond to, say, message 2 directly if there are 3 or more already, it gets tagged on to the end. Is there a way of resolving any of this? Geoff
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2000 11:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker I agree, the new site doesn't enable sub-discussion within a thread.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2000 11:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Geoff, Know what you mean about forgetting who you're responding to. I have the same problem e.g. responding to Graham when it should have been Warren etc. It can't all be down to old age! The other annoying thing is that if you check the box to receive e-mail acknowledgements to your posted response, it is rather misleading. More often than not it is a response to the original posting that you are being informed about and not to your response. It would also be nice to be able to respond directly to a response, but at present, you can only respond to the original posting. Confused? you will be!!! Paul
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2000 15:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Angela Wheatcroft Geoff, The option currently available is to change the title header when posting your message as I've done. The intention of this was to enable respondents to focus on a particular aspect of a thread i.e. the sub-discussion that Jim refers to in his response. It's the same option that I referred to in responding to David Westhead's "Why repeats?" message (last posting 1/11/00). Also, if a thread is leading to another topic, an alternative is to start a new thread. Regards, Angela Wheatcroft Website Co-ordinator
Admin  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2000 16:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Angela Wheatcroft Paul, See if this helps. I've changed the title to indicate it's yourself I'm responding to. Perhaps next time you could try this and see how that works through. The email notice box text is meant to be specific to the original thread but as you found it misleading, I shall arrange for it to be reworded as soon as it can be fitted in. Regards, AngelaWheatcroft, Website Co-ordinator
Admin  
#6 Posted : 03 November 2000 16:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Angela, Thanks for the help. Paul