Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2001 10:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joy Tutty I have been given the task of finding a hard hat for a Rastafarian gentleman. The standard hat is up to 63cm circumference, this persons circumference is 72cm due to the amount of hair he has. He is presently in training for telcom work, we can not delay the part of training that will involve wearing a hard hat much longer, so this has become a matter of ergency. I would appreciate it if anyone who has had to deal with this situation before provide me with some guidence. Thank You
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 August 2001 13:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Frank Cooper Joy, You need to speak to manufacturers. I remember dealing with a situation like this some years ago with a guy with an unusually large head. One manufacturer solved my problem because they had a range of oversized helmets.Can't think of the manufacturers name but any should help. I have had the same problem with extra wide footwear! Hope this helps, Frank Cooper
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2001 00:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Urquhart Joy, Try Thetford Moulded Products based in Thetford, Norfolk. They make the "Centurion" range of industrial head protection including Safety Selmets and they used to make 2 different shell sizes and a range of harness sizes. The other company who might help are Mine Safety Appliances based in Coatbridge in Scotland. There staz-on MSA Super V Gard helmet with the ratchet harness adjuster is avaiable in a range of sizes. Sorry that I do not have fuller addresses or phone numbers to hand but I am sure that if you enter details on your Browser Bar and do a search you will come up with the manufacturers web sites. Hope this helps. Regards. Ken Urquhart
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 August 2001 11:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joy Tutty Thank you to Frank cooper and Ken Urquhart for there response regarding hard hats.