Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 August 2001 17:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Telecom PTO Can anybody direct me to any telecom specific H&S resources or sites on the web. I am keen to find any relevant news, features, events or consultancies that can be utilised for an Industry specific portal to be launched in a JV with UK PTO's etc. I would also be interested if anyone out there within this sector would like to get involved as an editor or expert for H&S to the UK Fibre and Network Construction marketplace.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 August 2001 23:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle You may wish to start with the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991, and it's relevant codes of practice and training/certification scheme. This by logic leads into the fields of health & safety in; Roadworks signing and guarding excavtion and reinstatement manual handling work equipment management of health & safety at work COSHH and so on... You may also get some info by contacting the highways and utilities committee (HAUC) and the Joint utilities committee, who's name escapes me at this time, but if you are in the industry then you should be able to find out. Good luck... Stuart Nagle