Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 August 2001 18:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Westhead Could anyone give me any information on air changes in a hydro-pool room and ajacent changing room. I have read that it is not advisable to re-circulate the air i.e. through a de-humidifier etc, but the designer of the pool said that this was the only option. The pool has been in use for 3 years and we have had numerous problems with the de-humidifier (changed twice, repaired 3 times). We currently have on small extract AHU situated by a toilet in the changing room and the fresh air is brought in "naturally" through the edge of the door below this extract. I would be greatful if anyone could point me in the direction of some concrete evidence to back up my beliefs. Thanks in advance, Dave.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 23 August 2001 08:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Most of the information around seems to be directed at swimming pools but the following extracts from HSG179 must be equally applicable to hydrotherapy pools: '275. Where, for heat recovery purposes, ventilation air is recirculated, care must be taken to ensure there is not a build-up of harmful compounds in the pool hall air; a minimum of 30% fresh air should be provided.' '276. Changing areas should be maintained at a temperature of 24 degC and have ten air changes per hour to avoid condensation ...' In fact, I would suggest that even higher standards should be employed for the conditions found in hydrotherapy.