Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 23 August 2001 18:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Bennett Hi everyone, Does anyone know where, preferably on the internet, where I can get hold of some humourous Health and Safety pictures / posters ? For example I have one where a man is trying to push an elephant into a zoo van with the words "Get help with heavy loads", you get the idea. Thanks in advance. Lee.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 23 August 2001 22:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan paste this link to BONGARDE into your browser and you will find some humourous posters etc: http://www.web-safety.com/bonpg.html Philip
Admin  
#3 Posted : 24 August 2001 01:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Urquhart Lee. Have you tried making your own. If you have even basic Computing skills and knowledge, you can produce perfectly adequate propoganda and learning information material yourself. Use Power Point. You can import and insert sketches, photographs,cartoons etc. (Be mindful of Copyright and always give credit to the source). You will find many sources allow you to use their material provided that you are not doing so for commercial gain, or to accredit a product or service, and that you give the appropriate acknowledgement to the source. You can also by Right Clicking lift graphics and icons from Web pages and insert them into your Slides. You can scan items and insert them. You can use your companies logos and graphics which give the presentation a much more "In House" orientation. If you have photos of incidents or situations with humor you can import them, then with Power Point you can animate them and add highlights using the Tool Bar Icons for lines, shapes, text boxes, colours, fills etc. For Clipart, go to the web and do a search for Free Clipart,(as Philip has suggested), you will get loads of stuff and you can select what you need, saving good ones that you see on your search but which are not appropriate to your current training material needs for future sessions. Have a go (that is if you haven't already) you will I am sure be pleased with the results and your Trainees/Audience will where your material relates to your companies style, graphics or replicates in house incidents with Safety messages get good feedback. If you intend the material to be for Safety promotion posters you should be able to print them in Colour on A3 size paper, and if you are in industry where CAD is used and plotter printers are available then you can print large size posters very easily. If you are not so good with Power Point but know someone in the organisation who is, then recruit and use their skills. Sketch out your ideas and outlines and have them prepare the material for you, then review it with you, or ask them to sit with you and help you put a presentation together, (Hope this doesn't sound too patronising,) This way the two of you will gain new or impoved skills, (Investors in people, adding value etc.,) Hope these suggestions are of some interest and help to you. Regards. Ken Urquhart
Admin  
#4 Posted : 24 August 2001 12:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Bennett Philip, Ken, Thanks very much for taking the trouble to respond. The posters on the website Philip mentioned are excellent just what I am looking for however they are too small and wont let me right click the enlarged picture. Ken thanks also for your help no I didnt think it was patronising ! Kind Regards Lee. PS Yorkshire have this morning just won the cricket championship, so does anyone know a useful cure for acute alcohloic poisoning ?
Admin  
#5 Posted : 24 August 2001 17:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By mike taylor lee, try www.hazard.com and use the links provided. hope this helps regards mike
Admin  
#6 Posted : 24 August 2001 20:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Lee, the HSE pack for European Week for Safety and Health contains 3 posters which are funny cartoon types. If you give me a bell on 01535 664462 ill post you one. Ashley
Admin  
#7 Posted : 24 August 2001 22:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Rowe try: http://www.tedgoff.com/ Andy Rowe
Admin  
#8 Posted : 27 August 2001 19:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy Lee. I have found this site http://siri.uvm.edu/ftp/ppt/poster.html Hopefully it may provide what you want. Regards John
Admin  
#9 Posted : 27 August 2001 19:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Murphy Theres moreat: http://siri.uvm.edu/ftp/ppt/powerpt.html