Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 August 2001 10:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brylee McFarlane Hello, I am currently working on an essay for uni and am looking for a very current version of an OH&S act which I can access off of the net. Anybody who can help, it would be greatly appreciated. >Brylee
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 August 2001 11:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Brylee, Go to www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk You will get all the H&S legisaltion there. Regards, Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 August 2001 14:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian Dawson But didn't HMSO only start putting stuff on the web in 1998?
Admin  
#4 Posted : 27 August 2001 15:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Brian, Brylee was asking about the latest legislation!!!! Regards, Paul
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 August 2001 17:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor If you mean the Health and Safety at Work, Etc Act 1974 as amended,I am only aware of this on HSEDirect and you will need at least a one day subscription! If anyone knows a free source of this on the Web it would be of interest.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 27 August 2001 17:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Dear all, GO here for sections 2-9 og HSWA74 and many other full sets of regulation: http://www.vl28.dial.pipex.com/UKHSLeg.htm It is part of the TUC's "one stop shop for health and safety". I used to use it a lot in my safety rep days, and still find it useful now I'm a safety advisor. Up the unions! (But don't tell my Directors!) Nick
Admin  
#7 Posted : 28 August 2001 08:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Thanks for the Web address. I see that they have also added Sections 28 and 37. Things seem to have improved somewhat on the availability of essential information. It always seemed wrong that Acts, Regulations, etc could be produced incessantly and yet those affected had to discover their existance and then pay to get hold of them! I think it was something to do with an HMSO monopoly.