Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2001 14:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Delilah Does anyone have any information on risk assessments for night driving one example being employees driving at night with attempted break ins at traffic lights? Is there any guidance published by HSE or similar body? Thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 30 August 2001 18:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle Sorry delilal I have not come across this before, could lock the doors, put grills on windows etc. I also understand that 'normalising vehicles, by removal of logos, signs and items of authority, such as uniforms etc have help reduce attacks on staff and vehicles in prblem areas. hope above of some use. stuart nagle
Admin  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2001 20:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer. Delilah, You do not mention what type of vehicles you want information for, as precautions for cars will be different than for commercial vehicles. Risk assessments will be different, plus the example you have given can happen during the day not just at night. If you let me know the type of vehicle I may be able to be more specific with precautions. Regards Keith
Admin  
#4 Posted : 30 August 2001 22:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Delilah Nice to get a response. All types of hire vehicles being collected and delivered to depot in London by company employees (some casuals) - so includes cars and vans. Appreciate could also happen during day but the only reported incidents to date have occurred at night. Thanks
Admin  
#5 Posted : 31 August 2001 11:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor You could try the Suzy Lamplugh Trust on 020 8392 1839.