Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2001 14:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jayne Freeman I am working for a local NHS Trust and we are currently looking at a policy which covers the use of latex gloves, especially in regards to use of, and the allergies that people experience from using these type of gloves. Is there anyone out there who has covered this subject, who could advise or would be good enough to let me have a copy of their policy so that we can use it as guidance. Regards, Jayne Freeman
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 September 2001 08:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods Just recieved some very intereresting info on the subject. email me a snail mail address and i'll put a copy in the post. Robert Woods
Admin  
#3 Posted : 14 September 2001 09:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Jayne e.mail me your details and I'll send you a copy of our latex policy. It needs updating but may be of some use to you.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 14 September 2001 09:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By James Dickerson Jayne, E-mail me and I will send you a copy of our glove policy. Jim
Admin  
#5 Posted : 14 September 2001 10:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Warne Jayne, I've done loads of work on this, when I was writing our policy & code of practice for the prevention of latex allergy. I also have a copy of an NHS Trust's policy. The Infection Control Nurses' Association produce a good guidance document (I think it costs about £20 but I managed to borrow one.) If you email me your address (dew5@le.ac.uk) I'll send you our policy and copies of the documents I found useful. This is an important issue - latex allergy is horrible to live with, has ended careers, and can be fatal (several documented fatalities in the USA.) The more people use latex gloves at work, the more they are at risk - indiscriminate use of these gloves really must be stopped. Regards Diane Warne