Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2001 16:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah J Shaw Can anyone give me details or point me in the direction of a report for the explosion that killed 12 people in France w/c 17 September? I have been on holiday and only caught a brief snippet on the news. Sarah J Shaw
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 September 2001 18:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Sarah You could try any of the newspaper websites, such as www.newsunlimited.co.uk for The Guardian. Regards Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 September 2001 10:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah J Shaw Thanks for the info. You have helped me find the info I needed. I am still a bit new to the Internet and getting the hang of it. Sarah
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 October 2001 10:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter gotch Sarah, following courtesy of TUC - forgive the typos which arise from download from email alert The 21 September chemical plant explosion in Toulouse will be the subject of a civil court case to be brought by trade unions, says chemical workers' union FCE-CFDT. It is one of the first decisions by a crisis team set up by the CFDT trade union confederation and involving unions and local organisations. The crisis team said it would take the court action in order to "shed full light on what is one of the biggest industrial disasters ever to take place in France." The team also called for immediate meetings of health and safety committees from the affected plants and said it would ensure that "the 2,000 employees directly or indirectly concerned by the activities of the chemical complex will not be the ones to pay for a catastrophe of which they were the first victims." Latest casualty figures say 29 people have been killed and 1,170 injured in the explosion at the AZF plant, owned by TotalFinaElf. The regional newspaper La Depeche du Midi reported that the ammonium nitrate thought to have caused the explosion was "stocked in a real dump, under poor surveillance."