Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stevie Wood 70  
#1 Posted : 21 July 2011 14:27:30(UTC)
Stevie Wood 70

Hi All I passed my open book assessment for CMIOSH and have my Peer review interview on the 30th September( thought i would book the furthest date for more prep time), can anyone give some advice on what to expect? I have got everything ready just a bit daunting. Steve
Ciaran Delaney  
#2 Posted : 21 July 2011 14:59:35(UTC)
Ciaran Delaney

Stevie, I respectfully suggest that you PM Tim Briggs who may be able to supply you with advice etc. I have found him to be brilliantly supportive to any member he can be. Ciaran
stuie  
#3 Posted : 21 July 2011 15:02:14(UTC)
stuie

First off well done Steve; this has been discussed many many times with lots of good practical advice being offered by many posters. Can I respectfully suggest that you do a search on the forums to see if the large number of previous posts answer your questions, then if you have any further specific questions that you come back and post again? Cheers Stuie
M Colbert  
#4 Posted : 22 July 2011 15:32:20(UTC)
M Colbert

Hi Steve, I had my interview earlier this month so I know what you are going through. I have a left you a PM - please feel free to call if you need any further help. Regards Mark
Steve W1  
#5 Posted : 22 July 2011 16:16:35(UTC)
Steve W1

Hi Stevie I'm having my peer to peer interview on the 2nd of September. The only thing that I cant seem to find (it may not even be out yet) is the examiners report for the March 2011 open assessment. This would be extremely helpful to read. Any member's know if its been released yet, if so how can I get a copy. Good luck Steve W
brett_wildin  
#6 Posted : 22 July 2011 16:26:52(UTC)
brett_wildin

Good Luck Steve & Stevie, I have mine on 29th August at the Grange. I am really not looking forward to it now as I was originally. Work pressures are taking their toll. Still i'm going to go and do my best as I really do not want to have to cancel and let down those who are giving up their personal time. I'm going to appologise now incase I let my self down during the interview. Brett
Stevie Wood 70  
#7 Posted : 23 July 2011 21:54:27(UTC)
Stevie Wood 70

brett I went to what i thought was a really informative day at the east midlands branch today, on IPD and peer interviews the good points that came out from the trainers were. for the presentation keep it simple and look at the example on the website and keep it factual, don't forget you are talking about you. Questions are on 1. policy/procedures SSOW you have been involved in and how YOU were involved 2. leadership, how you have lead your team, safety commitees, audits, other managers etc. 3. your CPD and addressing your weaker areas 4. code of conduct they will also ask about how you source your information and the weaker areas of your open book assessment.
Grant1962  
#8 Posted : 03 August 2011 00:07:30(UTC)
Grant1962

HI Guys, Please search other forum areas for more on this subject. I had my PRI today at Manchester, I do not know if I have passed or failed but what I do know is that the volunteers who sit across the table from you want you to pass and will help you all of the way. Before I entered the interview room I felt as though somebody had waived a magic wand over my head and made me forget everything; nervous energy and slight worry. I stepped into the room and felt a lot of warm welcome energy. Irrelevant of my pass or fail I would not hesitate to attend another PRI as I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thanks to those IOSH members for giving up their time to assisting me in moving my career forward. My experience is that the interview is about you and what you have done or accomplished, that is what the board will want to determine, so don't go cramming every little bit of legislation into your head as you will not need it. Grant
Taylor25811  
#9 Posted : 03 August 2011 10:37:39(UTC)
Taylor25811

Hi everyone I have my Peer review on the 16th August. This is the first time I have posted, unsure what pm means. I would appreciate some advice on what to revise!! I have read the code of conduct and reviewed my exam paper - what else would be beneficial?
brett_wildin  
#10 Posted : 03 August 2011 11:16:38(UTC)
brett_wildin

PM = Personal Message. if you are responding to an individuals post and do not want to share info with others. I would suggest looking at your presentation and identifying what questions may arise from it. Similarly with any other documentation (CPD, Job role etc etc).
BJC  
#11 Posted : 03 August 2011 17:09:47(UTC)

May I suggest you get the interview on tape as theoretically they should be looking at experience not whether they like you.
moderator 5  
#12 Posted : 03 August 2011 17:36:53(UTC)
moderator 5

Taylor, welcome to the forums. There is a small icon towards the left hand end of the blue stripe below each post with the letters pm alongside it. Click on this icon in the banner below the poster that you want to contact. You are then taken to your personal forum mailbox. From here you can send a private mail message to that person. They will receive a notification at the e-mail that they used to register on the site. The message can then be read from the forum site when they log in. Each time you log into the forum you will get a message page if you have private mail. I hope this explains the system. Moderator 5
Richard#  
#13 Posted : 04 August 2011 17:27:24(UTC)
Richard#

Hi Steve Do you have any good sources of reading material for the Open Assessment in preparation for it. I am going to take it soon so I would like to be well prepared. Well done on passing
DembeGOmes  
#14 Posted : 14 September 2019 07:17:04(UTC)
DembeGOmes

Hello everyone,,

Please search other forum areas for more on this subject. I had my PRI today at Manchester, I do not know if I have passed or failed but what I do know is that the volunteers who sit across the table from you want you to pass and will help you all of the way. Before I entered the interview room I felt as though somebody had waived a magic wand over my head and made me forget everything; nervous energy and slight worry. I stepped into the room and felt a lot of warm welcome energy.