Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrrossi739  
#1 Posted : 28 September 2018 13:38:22(UTC)
mrrossi739

Hi Everyone, i have been told by my firm that they will not pay for the full NVQ lvl5 course but may pay part due to restructure of the company and tightning of purse strings. what are my options as i can supply the evidence part of the course as i am currently doing the role to a high degree but dont have the funds to spare to splash out 1700 on a course. 

i have been in the role for 6 years with a mix of environments from airports to nuclear but with my wife's health deteriorating need to restrict my spending to cover the future.

Regards Ross

Waz  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2018 11:59:27(UTC)
Waz

CADUK are exploring the NVQ L6 in Occupational Health & Safety - so potentially worth considering that.  Gary Pollard is the man to speak to in relation to that opportunity, they are based in the West Midlands.  If you call him, he will explain the platform and the route to L6 attainment.

Regards

​​​​​​​Waz

ShaunG  
#3 Posted : 28 October 2018 12:29:01(UTC)
ShaunG

Hi Mrrossi

if you are still looking to pursue the qualification then take a look at SHEilds Ltd, They are a UK & International  Safety Training provider who are accredited with a number of awarding bodies. They offer an online e-learning route to the qualification you are pursuing & I believe offer good rates for both the City & Guilds & proqual level 5/6 Diplomas.

Edited by user 28 October 2018 12:29:57(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling mistake on name

Waz  
#4 Posted : 27 November 2018 16:55:40(UTC)
Waz

CADUK - speak to Gary Pollard, who will talk you through it.  I believe they also do a NVQ L6, which is obviously a little higher in the Qualification Framework.  Might consider using them?

Mr.Flibble2.0  
#5 Posted : 28 November 2018 13:15:48(UTC)
Mr.Flibble2.0

Hello

Might be worth also looking at the NCRQ route. Gives you a Level 6 Diploma, which you can do in 3 parts to spread the cost out (total is £1500 I think). They also do a payment plan, although the intrest rate isn't best its another option worth looking at. I have funded all my own qualifications so I know the struggle.

https://www.ncrq.org.uk/plans/