Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RichardPerry1066  
#1 Posted : 25 January 2019 10:41:56(UTC)
RichardPerry1066

It's a long time since I did my Diploma and things have moved on. I've been asked for advice about effective routes to accreditation for someone who is a) self funding and b) not in well paid employment. Their employer will not fund a Diploma Course.

What are the most cost efficient routes to chartered membershipthat people have used?

Igorcarter09  
#2 Posted : 25 January 2019 12:54:38(UTC)
Igorcarter09

Hi RichardPerry1066

All depends on persons current role in my opinion. If its directly related to H&S  then you can get onto NVQ level 5 or 6 in Occ H&S for about £1500 (cheapest I could find at the time I did mine 2 years ago). On completion you will get Grad Iosh memebership. From there take Electronic Open Assessment, CPD audit and final face to face interview with the board panel. If all in order you'll get CMIOSH. 

UncleFester  
#3 Posted : 28 January 2019 15:28:53(UTC)
UncleFester

The NCRQ also run a diploma as a qualification towards Grad status when combined with other entry requirements. Just a quick look at the NCRQ website shows that the Diploma is now £1500+VAT but each of the three certificates can be taken at £550+VAT. They also offer instalment plans for the certificates and the diploma which may help.

OliverWallace  
#4 Posted : 14 February 2019 17:42:35(UTC)
OliverWallace

Originally Posted by: UncleFester Go to Quoted Post

The NCRQ also run a diploma as a qualification towards Grad status when combined with other entry requirements. Just a quick look at the NCRQ website shows that the Diploma is now £1500+VAT but each of the three certificates can be taken at £550+VAT. They also offer instalment plans for the certificates and the diploma which may help.

Which is more widely recognised, RoSPA NVQ 5 or NCRQ which I think is level 6?.