Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maciejpl  
#1 Posted : 16 August 2019 14:00:06(UTC)
Maciejpl

Hello everyone ;-)

I would like ask you for something ideas&inspiration. I'm preparing short training (15 minutes) during Safety Day. Every 15 minutes comes to me a group of 20 workers and it will be take 8h. 1 of 5 stands/attraction will be Hazardous&chemical substances. Do you have any engaging, increasing awareness, interesting short activities for chemical trainings. Please share the ideas and your experience ;)

For that moment my idea is following: i will have 9 boards (size 20x30cm) from PCV material with printing as below. The board will be consist two items: small pictogram CLP and bigger board with description: corrosive substance 1of 9) with cut out place for the pictogram. I'm going to divide 20 people on 2 teams. They will be in parallel matching 9 clp pictograms with boards with description. Additionally they will be matching various types of physical bottles, chemical containers with the completed boards. 

Plese let me know what do you think about that?  

Thank you!

CLP pictogram (I'm talking about it)

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 17 August 2019 11:17:18(UTC)
peter gotch

Would these be classes of materials which the workers should be familiar with. If so, you could also ask them to identify materials that fit some or each ot the classes. But you only have 15 minutes, so possibly might stretch them timewise.

Maciejpl  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2019 13:25:33(UTC)
Maciejpl

Yes, there will be empty bottles&package after substance which they are using at work and home also. Firstly they will match the small puzzle of CLP pictogram with bigger puzzle with description (e.g. explosive substance). After they will match some bottles/packages wit the connected puzzle. At the end small talk about 1-2 CLP and risks. I have only 15 minutes and there will be large flow of people (every 15 min. - 20 persons) so i will not have time for cleaning and preparing the post ;-) Thanks!