Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bacho Matcharadze  
#1 Posted : 07 August 2021 08:40:23(UTC)
Bacho Matcharadze

Hi,

Tell me about your experience, if you were hired as HSE officer by another country's organization and you had to leave your home country?

1) How did you find that job?

2) How hard is to get WORK PERMIT? I know employer can issue work permit for international candidate but I felt they don't like that, because receiving work permit from the government for their candidate is difficult.

Share me your experience.

osuolale  
#2 Posted : 01 November 2021 11:04:50(UTC)
osuolale

I left my home country for England. I have a valid work permit that enables me to work but it seems quite difficult to get a placement for the smallest role even as a CMIOSH and NEBOSH Diploma qualifications. 

I really can't figure out what is going on.

mihai_qa  
#3 Posted : 02 November 2021 07:25:12(UTC)
mihai_qa

While my plan eventually went to the pooper, I was doing a lot of prep work before even considering a relocation: liaise and network with people in the profession and available in the country you wish to work in, pick their brains, familizarize yourself with local legislation (available guidance). For instance, I went into CDM and FSO and started "studying" it like I would with a qualification. 

Look for areas that you are proficient in, OHS is a far too expansive field and while it does translate well in most industries, people will be reluctant to bite the bullet on you/me if we've no previous experience in that industry.

If you're already there, politely look for a mentor or someone to shadow for free, it's a great way to prove that you're willing to give as opposed to just taking.

The forums are a great way to connect, you also have access to IOSH mentoring. I've received countless support and help on here and this forum (and the people active on it) is the reason I'm still a member.

Best of luck,

thanks 1 user thanked mihai_qa for this useful post.
osuolale on 02/11/2021(UTC)
jge149  
#4 Posted : 17 November 2021 11:57:47(UTC)
jge149

Originally Posted by: osuolale Go to Quoted Post

I left my home country for England. I have a valid work permit that enables me to work but it seems quite difficult to get a placement for the smallest role even as a CMIOSH and NEBOSH Diploma qualifications. 

I really can't figure out what is going on.

How did you manage to get a work permit without a job, I thought you had to be sponsored?

stevedm  
#5 Posted : 17 November 2021 16:22:47(UTC)
stevedm

you can get a skills visa...if your skill is on the list..

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa

hoalai3493  
#6 Posted : 27 December 2021 15:02:11(UTC)
hoalai3493

Thank you for sharing this great article. 888b hopes you will have many more articles for everyone to read.

Alan Haynes  
#7 Posted : 27 December 2021 16:30:59(UTC)
Alan Haynes

Reported
thanks 4 users thanked Alan Haynes for this useful post.
Roundtuit on 27/12/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 28/12/2021(UTC), chris42 on 29/12/2021(UTC), RVThompson on 05/01/2022(UTC)