Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gordon j  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2021 09:43:41(UTC)
gordon j

Hi all

I am looking for some feedback from CMIOSH members please. Can you tell me how long it took from enrolling onto the IPD programme to complete and become a Chartered member. I am looking to enrol now but I would like to complete asap. I already have what I believe is credible evidence towards the 7 pieces of evidence that need to be submitted for the SDP, but I am keen to complete quickly. I am particularly interested in how long it takes for evidence to be assessd and passed. I have heard that each piece of evidence takes one month, so therefore 7 months duration just to pass the SDP. Is this true? Any feedback on experiences and duration would be great.

Thanks in advance     

Gordon James  GradIOSH

martynp1000  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2021 17:28:20(UTC)
martynp1000

Originally Posted by: gordon j Go to Quoted Post

Hi all

I am looking for some feedback from CMIOSH members please. Can you tell me how long it took from enrolling onto the IPD programme to complete and become a Chartered member. I am looking to enrol now but I would like to complete asap. I already have what I believe is credible evidence towards the 7 pieces of evidence that need to be submitted for the SDP, but I am keen to complete quickly. I am particularly interested in how long it takes for evidence to be assessd and passed. I have heard that each piece of evidence takes one month, so therefore 7 months duration just to pass the SDP. Is this true? Any feedback on experiences and duration would be great.

Thanks in advance     

Gordon James  GradIOSH

My understanding is that you have up to 2 years to complete the IPD portfolio from the time you apply and pay your fee until you complete the portfolio and then go on to apply for your PRI.

It will take as long as it takes - you cannot speed up the process which can go pretty much as fast as you can - you can submit each criterion on its own or you can do all 7 in a single hit - I cannot recall whether the system locks you out to prevent you entering more if you have a submission pending a result.  In my experience it took only a couple of weeks on each criterion - but is affected by the number of submissions are pending in front of you in the system and the number of assessors available.  You could try contacting the Professional Development and Standards Team at HQ to get up to date information.

Happy for you to contact me on a 1 to 1

Martyn

alcy  
#3 Posted : 25 January 2022 08:22:50(UTC)
alcy

Hi,

It all depends on how fast you want to go. Last year I mentored someone who was really focused all the to CMIOSH and it took him 6 months. I also had other mentees who started before him and are still plodding away at it now.

Philip Neal  
#4 Posted : 28 January 2022 14:37:24(UTC)
Philip Neal

Hi all

Thanks in advance     

Gordon James  GradIOSH

I enrolled onto IPD in November and had my PRI yesterday. (Still awaiting results).

So took me less than 3 months to complete, worth bearing in mind you can use evidence from the past 2 years of work.

alaneburt  
#5 Posted : 05 February 2022 05:14:36(UTC)
alaneburt

Originally Posted by: martynp1000 Go to Quoted Post

Hi all

Thanks in advance     

Gordon James  GradIOSH

My understanding is that you have up to 2 years to complete the IPD portfolio from the time you apply and pay your fee until you complete the portfolio and then go on to apply for your PRI.

It will take as long as it takes - you cannot speed up the process which can go pretty much as fast as you can - you can submit each criterion on its own or you can do all 7 in a single hit - I cannot recall whether the system locks you out to prevent you entering more if you have a submission pending a result.  In my experience it took only a couple of weeks on each criterion - but is affected by the number of submissions are pending in front of you in the system and the number of assessors available.  You could try contacting the Professional Development and Standards Team at HQ to get up to date information.

Happy for you to contact me on a 1 to 1

Martyn

Thank you Martyn! Exactly what I needed to know. 

friday night funkin

Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 05 February 2022 18:01:55(UTC)
Roundtuit

New poster, non-member, false thanks to place hidden hyperlink bottom left - REPORTED

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
RVThompson on 07/02/2022(UTC), RVThompson on 07/02/2022(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#7 Posted : 05 February 2022 18:01:55(UTC)
Roundtuit

New poster, non-member, false thanks to place hidden hyperlink bottom left - REPORTED

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
RVThompson on 07/02/2022(UTC), RVThompson on 07/02/2022(UTC)