Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stephen  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2011 16:58:10(UTC)
Stephen

Afternoon Has anyone out there completed the PRINCE2 Foundation course? I'm considering distance learning - if anyone has any experience of doing it this way then please let me know your views. General PRINCE2 opinions also gratefully received! Cheers. Stephen
SW  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2011 19:27:35(UTC)
SW

Hi Stephen I haven't done this but there are Prince 2 Forums around - pop "Prince 2 Forums" into Google and there are a few listed. Regards SW
Swygart25604  
#3 Posted : 04 September 2011 11:42:54(UTC)
Swygart25604

PRINCE2 opinions? Look at the book they give you, turn to the first page and see who was involved in gathering this sorry mess together. No automotive , no Japanese. No wonder military and NHS contracts are over budget and way behind delivery times. A load of complete and utter rubbish. Study the Toyota way of managing projects; plenty of stuff on the net about that.
bradley  
#4 Posted : 12 September 2011 17:13:03(UTC)
bradley

If PRINCE2 is used correctly it is a very good tool - it's usually the incompetent muppets that are trying to use parts of it that over run on cost. As a PRINCE 2 practitioner I can say that it is a good tool and isn't rocket science - pity people try to use bits of it rather than as designed...
Terry556  
#5 Posted : 13 September 2011 07:18:07(UTC)
Terry556

I completed my Prince 2 course October 2010, I cant see you learning a great deal from distance learning, you need to be in the classroom environment, as the first couple of days, is a lot of knowledge to take in, the first part of the exam is a multiple choice test, and the second part is the open book test
MB1  
#6 Posted : 14 September 2011 16:59:50(UTC)
MB1

I'm led to believe that PRINC2 is heavily used within the public services environment but not widely used in the private sector, could this be due to monetary imbalances?
Steve Skok  
#7 Posted : 25 August 2021 05:44:14(UTC)
Steve Skok

Good question, PRINCE2 Training, and Certification help you to become a successful project manager. You will learn in-depth project management methodologies.

I would suggest you go for online training. All the best!

RVThompson  
#8 Posted : 25 August 2021 07:01:48(UTC)
RVThompson

Reported.

thanks 3 users thanked RVThompson for this useful post.
Alan Haynes on 25/08/2021(UTC), Roundtuit on 25/08/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 25/08/2021(UTC)