Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coke243  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2017 11:46:52(UTC)
coke243

Dear All,

I am currently undertaken my Bsc Health and safety Risk Management degree and have been tasked with writing a 2000 word essay on policies, we have been asked to source 2 academic writing essays on this subject but i am struggling to find any.

Can anyone assist.

Additionally i am also looking for some assistance or examples on an academic writing excutive summary for any essay anyone may have.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to assist.

Rgds

Colin

Bigmac1  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2017 18:47:28(UTC)
Bigmac1

Coke do some research, use google scholar instead o google

aud  
#3 Posted : 27 February 2017 16:04:58(UTC)
aud

Presumably you are not limited to just 'H&S', as policy writing is a broad subject, so there should be plenty of academic papers etc. about but maybe not directly H&S. 

Also I assume you have 'policy' clearly defined. It is common and confusing in the H&S world to find internal processes, systems or strategies, referred to as 'policies'. Anything from a sheet of A4 to a manual of hundreds of pages can be called 'policy'. It should be short, on the basis that it is mainly agreeing with the HSWA principles anyway, adding how (organisationally) the objectives will be implemented.

In my book, 'policy' is goal-based and a high level ambition, set by the organisation, via execs, although as a SP I may draft a couple of examples for them to start them off. But they own policy, not me.

Don't overlook the HSE research report library, alhough nothing springs to mind.

A Kurdziel  
#4 Posted : 10 March 2017 09:48:22(UTC)
A Kurdziel

If you are working through a university they should have subject specific librarians who can help advise on these sort of issues.  They will know what is out there and how to present it.

GavenRank  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2021 18:22:24(UTC)
GavenRank

In reality, some written works such as an essay are not easy to write and need expertise. There's no talent, I don't like it myself. Therefore I was able to turn to experts in those situations, and they were very quick, so that the committee members could do just as well to themselves, and they took my desires into account, which I passed on to the supervisor. I buy the https://www.bestcustomwriting.com/ from my assignment, and thank you here for your excellent work. I am extremely thankful to you. I am extremely grateful to you.

Alan Haynes  
#6 Posted : 14 May 2021 18:33:58(UTC)
Alan Haynes

Reported
thanks 2 users thanked Alan Haynes for this useful post.
Roundtuit on 15/05/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 15/05/2021(UTC)
Yaqub Ward  
#7 Posted : 25 August 2021 06:05:38(UTC)
Yaqub Ward

I am studying at the university and at the moment I am on summer vacation, but I still write various essays and assignments in various subjects that I was asked to complete before the end of the summer. There is also an essay on the topic of health. I had great difficulties while writing a literary review. I got help with writing a literature review at https://edusson.com/write-my-literature-review, where experienced writers provided me with a large list of literature on my research topic and made a quality literary review out of it.

RVThompson  
#8 Posted : 25 August 2021 06:57:34(UTC)
RVThompson

Reported.

thanks 3 users thanked RVThompson for this useful post.
Alan Haynes on 25/08/2021(UTC), Roundtuit on 25/08/2021(UTC), peter gotch on 25/08/2021(UTC)